Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sick Girl


My poor baby girl has been sick ALL week! She started running fever Sunday night so I took her to the doctor on Monday. I feel like I'm at the doctor every other week! Not to my surprise she had another ear infection. She has had 2 double and 1 single ear infection since Feb. 4th. Dr. Clarke gave her another antibiotic. Unfortunately on Thursday she was still pulling on her ear, running fever, barely sleeping or eating...not like my B girl at all! Gigi and I took her back to the doctor to find out she still had her ear infection and her oxygen levels were low. They gave her a breathing treatment with no relief for Brooklyn. They suggested we take her to Texas Children's Hospital. At this point I was freaking out but had to pull it together for Miss B. Without going into all the details of poking and proding at my baby, she was admitted for Bronchiolitis. She was kept on oxygen and an IV for feeds and medications. Almost 24 hrs later they took her off oxygen and monitored her for a few more hours. Her levels were right where they needed to be so we were able to be released. We are very happy to be back home and glad that Brooklyn is finally on the road to recovery!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Poor B girl..those pics are so pitiful! Cant wait to come over and love on her tonight!!

The Siegert Family said...

awhh poor baby girl.. Im glad she is getting better. I hate seeing her in these pictures like this... tear

Drew, Denisse and Olivia said...

Poor little B. I hope you get better soon baby.

Natalie and Jeff said...

so glad she is okay now! sweet thing, she looks like she doesnt feel well in that pic. glad all is bettter!